Windows 7 guest lagging on some tasks

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Victor46542

Windows 7 guest lagging on some tasks

Post by Victor46542 »

Hi
I use VirtualBox 6.31 (the latest version as I wrote this post) on my Mac (MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)), Mac Monterey Version 12.2. 32 Go of Ram and 2,9 GHz Intel Core i9.
I run a Windows 7 on Virtual Box and I found the VM very slow or not able to move the mouse correctly and taking years to do it right, only when using some apps that required a bit, I think, of calculating and/or using the ram and/or core. So I think not simple task are hard to work correctly.

So I thought I didn’t allocate enough ram and/or core (or even too much), but didn’t solve the problems, when I add more (or less) ram and/or core (changing 4go to 8go, trying with 3, 4, 5, 6 cores). I try a lot of combination. I notice the problem, that is known, of the Ram memory that is double (if you put 8go it will used 16go) but don’t think it could be related to that. I used to run my VM from an eternal Hard Drive, so I put the VM on my computer, but still the same problems. I tried several time to install on old version of Virtual Box, but didn’t manage to install it even following tutorials explaining some common bugs or tricks.

I’ve seen several advice on this forum: Disable (or remove) VirtualBox/VirtualBoxVM in the Accessibility pane and motoring pane. But this was already off

So I'm bit lost, and I searched on the forum and elsewhere and no idea what to do, do you need more things to know what’s happening ? If so feel free to tell me

Thanks a lot !