(Solved!) OBS crashes at startup. Vbox is the best!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Nick is not my name

(Solved!) OBS crashes at startup. Vbox is the best!

Post by Nick is not my name »

Hi,
I am posting this because it may help someone else! Perhaps someone who uses an app that requires sound input. The issue didn't start until later on.I use Open Broadcaster Software on my guest machine Win 10 with my Mac OS High Sierra as host. It has been many months of troubleshooting and I figured out that it was in the Vbox settings before you open up a Virtual Machine! During that time I did everything imaginable to troubleshoot. I noticed everything was fine until I opened OBS. It would show the VU meters totally red and about two seconds later it crashed the whole VM.

I disabled audio input and kept the input checked so this worked! At this point I don't know if it was the fault of settings in OBS or Virtualbox, but it was fixed! Most likely a setting in OBS. However, I did try again and turned the audio way down to mute in OBS and it still crashed when I activated audio input in the VBox settings.

One of the things I almost did was tried Boot Camp. It gave me an error while setting it up and I'm so glad I didn't complete it. I love Virtual Box, because I can have my Host OS going at the same time and their is no lag in Vbox either!

THANK YOU TO THE DEVELOPERS AND THOSE WHO HELP WITH THE TROUBLESHOOTING!

Nick Is Not My Name!