Issue on Mac OS 11.6.1 Big Sur (Crash)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
EEK

Issue on Mac OS 11.6.1 Big Sur (Crash)

Post by EEK »

When I start the vm and go to full screen. There is a message that tells you the host key. But that message or other message crashes the VirtualboxVM Process. And it also does it when u insert the guest additions or grab the mouse if the guest is text based. Im on a um supported mac but I don't think its a broblem I'm using the open core legacy patcher on my 2009 Mac mini I NEED HELP
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Issue on Mac OS 11.6.1 Big Sur (Crash)

Post by scottgus1 »

Please pick one VM that has a problem. Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
EEK

Post by EEK »

Found it!
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(19.97 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

The log cuts off in full swing, consistent with a host crash.

You mention several things as triggers for the crash, but it's probably just one 'thing' that is common to all the crashes, like clicking the mouse in the VM screen, clicking out of the VM, something like that. You may have to carefully consider every step to find the common event. Even then we may not be able to actually fix it, because of:
EEK wrote:a um supported mac ... I'm using the open core legacy patcher
If you've hacked your older Mac to run a newer Mac OS, it could be an unfixable problem. FWIW the hardware CPU is very low on provisions for running a VM.