Cannot start VirtualBox on macOS Monterey

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
klaus
Oracle Corporation

Re: Cannot start VirtualBox on macOS Monterey

Post by klaus »

zenon1 wrote:Hi,

I tried VB 6.1.29 with and without SIP it does not even install. It's worst than 6.1.28 which can at leats install.
Which 6.1.29 build? As I wrote now a few times there are exactly 2 notarized builds, and those should be used for experiments... either way, you won't have to wait long for 6.1.30 any more.
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Post by granada29 »

@klaus
Thank you for all the work put in by you and your team to fix these issues. I installed 6.1.30 and it is working as expected on macOS 12.0.1 (Monterey).
zenon1

Post by zenon1 »

Hi,

VB 6.1.30 appears. Works fine.
KoldBane

Post by KoldBane »

Upgrading to 6.1.30 fixed it for me after trying everything else. The odd thing was that my VirtualBox suggested 6.1.29 was the most recent release/update so I had to go manually download 6.1.30 and update it.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

KoldBane wrote:odd thing was that my VirtualBox suggested 6.1.29 was the most recent release/update
The devs update the "check for update" box a few days after the release has been made, just to check if everything is OK.
Helmut4

Post by Helmut4 »

HI,

thanks for the update @klaus & the devs - one question: does anybody else have problems connection via the host only adapter (vboxnet0) to the VM at the moment?

I'm able to ping the VM via terminal but I can't establish a connection via ssh nor http/s - the Mac firewall is turned offline

Best,
Bernhard
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Helmut4 wrote:problems connection via the host only adapter
There is a new requirement for Host-Only networks since 6.1.28 that plugs a security hole. See https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06. ... k_hostonly, at the end of the section, starting at "On Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris Oracle VM VirtualBox...".
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Since we are receiving reports that 6.1.30 is now working on Intel Monterey Mac, we're going to lock this llllllooooooonnnnnnnggggggg topic and ask that new Monterey questions start in their own new topics. Please try 6.1.30 first.