Can't get microphone to work in Windows 10 Guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Peter42

Can't get microphone to work in Windows 10 Guest

Post by Peter42 »

xanatos_gambit wrote:I am having a similar problem... I am attempting to install video conferencing software on my Windows guest (Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 host), and the audio is working fine. However the microphone is not working at all, and I have attempted to change this from both the settings inside the virtual windows and from the settings of the VirtualBox audio (however the latter does not give me the option to change it). Is there anyway I can get the microphone working?

Same issue here. It´s even worse. As soon as I am starting a app which is accessing the microphone WIN 10 is crashing and virtualbox as well.
This is happening on a Mac Catalina host.
Strange... Audio Output is working i.e. youtube on win10 is sounding ok
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Can't get microphone to work in Windows 10 Guest

Post by scottgus1 »

Switched this post to Mac Hosts from Linux Guests, and deleted the duplicate post on this subject. Better to start your own topic.

I'm no Mac guru, but I read that Mac requires permissions set to use every key on the keyboard, every button on the mouse, and the trackball, and the power switch and..... :lol: </hyperbole>

Check if Mac requires permissions for Virtualbox to use the microphone. There's a permissions window that can be left open while you're trying to do something, and it may pop up a permissions request?

Otherwise, let's see a log from the VM:

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.