I try to make my first steps in the linux world now by using Virtual Box.
First of all, I totaly have no clue about linux.
I have problems to install the Guest additons on a host Vista 64 bit and guest Suse 11.0.
What I have done:
- Installed Virtual Box 64 bit on my Vista home Edition
- set up ab guest OpenSuse with default values and installed Suse 11.0 with default values.
- Mount the Guestadditons
- add make, kernel-source, kernel-sysm, linux-kernel-header, gcc and gcc-c++ with yast
- switch to console and make me root with su.
- start in the /media /vb... folder with sh ./VboxAdditions-x68.run
first error : was no include folder found please add the include folder
- I have done it with export KERN_INCL=/usr/include
second error : no rules found to create modules [vboxadd_test] Error 2
next trial I have downloaded the x86 version of Virtualbox and installed it on a Windows XP workstation and installed again linux with default add the packages in yast and tried to install the guest addtions and it worked perfect as well without asking me about a KERN_INCL.
I understand now, it is something with vista or with 64 bit because the steps on the linux side are both time the same. One time it works the other not.
Any hints what I can search for?
thanks a lot in advance