When will do ARM instead egg frying pan with Intel and AMD processors?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
kodzero

When will do ARM instead egg frying pan with Intel and AMD processors?

Post by kodzero »

1) Apple first company on the world, Look a finance graphics, when you say about them plans!
2) Intel and AMD good but for cold universe and maybe servers in cold servers rooms
3) Actually laptops is working at home today enough M1 with 16GB. I can do cool video with Adobe after affect or Primer Pro, ofcause it's must be enough for virtual machine. I mean computers so powerfull today enough for developers, software engineers, system administartors and users.
4) This September Apple will have start sell next model on ARM architecture faster then M1 and 16GB!!!
5) Virtual project Parallel understand that and working today with ARM on Apple M1

Notebooks with Intel and AMD good first one, two years but after that period notebook transform to egg frying pan with keyboard with death matherboard and another stupid trouble bind with high temperature.
Ok if that PC, I can change termopast every one, two years but for notebook, who doing that? How many people? 5%?

Obviously ARM Silicon will have killed AMD too after Intel so soon for laptops exactly first!!!

Docker had done.
For virtual machine Parallel had done but it's not free.

I'm interesting, how long are you mull over it - WHEN? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Obviously, the temperature will killed old architecture on Intel and AMD for home and office used. Not anyone need big box PC when you can get small mobile laptop with dock station and several monitors!!!

Are you understand future?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: When will do ARM instead egg frying pan with Intel and AMD processors?

Post by mpack »

I assume the question is:

Q. when will VirtualBox support ARM hosts.

and the answer is:

A. Never.

This has nothing to do with how powerful you think your M1 Mac is, or how much you would like the feature to exist. The simple fact is VirtualBox is an x86 hypervisor. Period. It makes as much sense to talk about VirtualBox running on ARM as it does to talk about it running on a piano. And that remains a fact no matter how much you love pianos or believe that the future is pianos.

For further discussion, see the sticky topics at the top of this forum. Locking this one.