Big Sur hosting problem

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
threeskins

Big Sur hosting problem

Post by threeskins »

I am using a Window10 vm and try to run some Window compatible only programs. However, the VM crashes unexpectedly sometimes. Any help is appreciated!
Attachments
error.txt
(98.21 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Re: Big Sur hosting problem

Post by granada29 »

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

This log actually is more informative than the crash log you posted as it shows the configuration of your VM.
threeskins

Post by threeskins »

Here is the log. Thanks for the instruction :D
Attachments
Crossgate-2021-07-18-16-25-49.log.zip
(18.64 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
granada29
Volunteer
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Post by granada29 »

From the VirtualBox log is looks as though you are trying to boot your VM using the PXE Network boot method. If that is NOT your intention, then uncheck Network in Settings/System/Motherboard/Boot Order

I have no experience with Network booting so hopefully some one else will be able to advise if that is in fact your intention.
threeskins

Post by threeskins »

granada29 wrote:From the VirtualBox log is looks as though you are trying to boot your VM using the PXE Network boot method. If that is NOT your intention, then uncheck Network in Settings/System/Motherboard/Boot Order

I have no experience with Network booting so hopefully some one else will be able to advise if that is in fact your intention.
Network is already unchecked by default. Thanks for the help though!
fth0
Volunteer
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

granada29 wrote:From the VirtualBox log is looks as though you are trying to boot your VM using the PXE Network boot method.
You may be misinterpreting the Crossgate-2021-07-18-16-25-49.log file. Compare it to one of your own VBox.log files to find the corresponding log messages.
threeskins wrote:However, the VM crashes unexpectedly sometimes.
In the Crossgate-2021-07-18-16-25-49.log file, I cannot see the cause for the crash, except maybe one unexpected reboot of the guest around 01:21 and an intermediate audio problem around 01:32. You could check, if you have given VirtualBox the necessary permissions in macOS, you could try disabling audio in the VM configuration and/or you could try VirtualBox 6.1.24 when it becomes available (expected approximately tomorrow).