Can not install VB on OSX 10.14.6 Mojave

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
sudokillall

Can not install VB on OSX 10.14.6 Mojave

Post by sudokillall »

Hoping someone can help. I had VB installed on 10.14.6 until recently. I then had to sell that machine so I cloned and migrated data manually to a second user on this machine. I definitely did everything with the migration properly but VB wouldn't run. I think the problem is my UUID on this machine is 502 (Second user) whereas it was 501 (only user) on the old machine. So, I fully uninstalled VB using the uninstall tool. I then tried to install and it failed. I then wondered if the add command needed doing in terminal from recovery mode, and I did that, but still it wont install. I have the failure log. I have pasted it below. Hoping someone can advise what the problem is please?
Last edited by sudokillall on 25. Mar 2021, 16:19, edited 3 times in total.
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Re: Can not install VB on OSX 10.14.6 Mojave

Post by granada29 »

Please re-read thread Installation fails on 10.13.x, 10.14.x (rc=-1908) to which you have previously contributed. There are many workaround/solutions proposed in that thread.

In future, please don't paste long extracts from system or virtualbox logs to the forum. If it is a file you are posting, then right-click and compress it. Then add as an attachment to your post. Alternatively, if you are copying text from a log, paste it to a txt file, compress as above and add as an attachment.

I suspect your uninstall has run into problems. I suggest you try the process I outlined in thread Re: Unable to start client
sudokillall

Post by sudokillall »

ok thanks will do that. no errors on the uninstall. I followed another thread for uninstalling (reboots etc) but will read up and try again
sudokillall

Post by sudokillall »

I worked through every thread one by one, got a bit confused which order to do things as I dont really understand what the terminal commands 'do' and how to 'undo' them before a clean try from the start. I think I fluked it though, I never got the "allow" option in Security Preferences, but it installed somehow and appears to be working properly. Thanks very much, this thread can be deleted if you wish.