Can't Add Oracle to Allow Extensions

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Sadaajit

Can't Add Oracle to Allow Extensions

Post by Sadaajit »

MacBook Pro 2012, 10.13.6
VB 6.1.16

Let me preface by saying I am not a computer geek. I'm terrified of terminal because I know enough to know I can totally mess up my computer if I do something wrong, but I don't know enough and have not had to use it enough to feel comfortable.

That being said I am using VirtualBox to run one application that requires Windows. I need it for my business. A couple days ago my computer froze and I had to shut it down and restart it. Since then I'm getting the message that VM will not run.

Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)
Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.
where: suplibOsInit what: 3 VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED (-1908) - The support driver is not installed. On linux, open returned ENOENT.

I restarted my machine and went to Security & Privacy, the box to allow Oracle to load was available, BUT when I try to click it, it does nothing. I restarted my machine again and tried again and it will not allow the click to go through.

Does anyone have any suggestions. This happened once before and I ended up reinstalling VirtualBox, but I also had to reinstall Windows and the program I am using under Windows. Everything I read said I wouldn't have to do that, but when I went to run Windows it didn't exist and once I got Windows running the program I was using with it was also gone.

I'm hoping someone here will have mercy on me and help me get it running again without having to reinstall everything from scratch. That took me forever and several emails to the company whose software I'm using because it is licensed, so there was a whole rigamarole I had to go through and lost more than two days worth of work.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Can't Add Oracle to Allow Extensions

Post by mpack »

Sadaajit wrote: Let me preface by saying I am not a computer geek.
And let me preface (and end) by saying that I refuse to help people who think it's ok to apply offensive labels to me. Normally I would (and already did) ignore posts like this, but you seem to be doing the same thing every time so maybe someone needs to tell you.

I also deleted your cross posting of this question. Cross posting is against the forum rules.
Sadaajit

Re: Can't Add Oracle to Allow Extensions - I'm Sorry

Post by Sadaajit »

I'm sorry I offended you.

I did not realize that the "g" word was still considered offensive. With Best Buy having it Geek Squad and many sites that I visit using the word as part of their domain, I thought it had taken a positive connotation of someone who is a computer expert.

I'm sorry. It was not my intention to offend anyone.