EXT PACK FAILS TO INSTALL

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
cwl

EXT PACK FAILS TO INSTALL

Post by cwl »

EXT. PACK 6.1.34-150636 fails to install when using VBox 6.1.34-150636. Log file attached see lines 14-17. I also see a firmware problem a couple lines earlier, could be an issue as well. Seems to be a "code signature" problem with the software. I am running WinXP SP1 under VBox without problems, but really need the Ext. Pack to get USB 2.0 functionality. New to Apple as i have had my Mac (2010 OSX 10.10) for three days and new to VirtualBox as well. Don't know too much about OSX POLICIES/PERMISSIONS/SECURITY. My account has Admin privileges. Basically, OSX is a learning curve right now, along with the file structure, etc. The Ext. Pack is being run from the Download folder, but brings up VBox and seems to run OK, but fails to install. Hopefully, this is not an old OSX/Mac issue. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
Attachments
VBox.log
(114.55 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Re: EXT PACK FAILS TO INSTALL

Post by fth0 »

Unfortunately, this is an old OSX issue: Unable to install Extension Pack.

FWIW, the firmware problem ("Firmware type: failed - VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED") is a red herring.
cwl

Re: EXT PACK FAILS TO INSTALL

Post by cwl »

Thank you. I think you have cleared the fog up on this matter. I think I will have to do an OS upgrade to get this working, if an upgrade is possible. If upgrade not possible, guess the Mac will probably go to Craig's List for a new home. chuck