[Invalid] Internet connection no longer works on any of my Virtualbox instances

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
AWS

[Invalid] Internet connection no longer works on any of my Virtualbox instances

Post by AWS »

Running this on Mac OS X 10.13.5, VirtualBox version 5.12.12

I normally have things set to Bridged Adapter, FWIW.

Internet connection use to work in my virtual machines, but they work no longer -- I don't really know how to describe it. It's like the Wifi adapter is gone, the wired connectors are gone (in the virtual instances). I get the same outcome when I run VirtualBox on my Windows 10 machine too. It's just not able to see anything from the net.

In Ubuntu for example if I go to the Wifi settings it only says "No wi-fi adapter found"
Last edited by socratis on 25. Jun 2018, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Invalid].
AWS

Re: Internet connection no longer works on any of my Virtualbox instances

Post by AWS »

Not sure if I should delete/request this thread be deleted or not, but what fixed it was resetting my router for some odd reason.

So if anyone else is encountering this issue, consider a reset!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Internet connection no longer works on any of my Virtualbox instances

Post by socratis »

[color=#105289]AWS[/color] wrote:So if anyone else is encountering this issue, consider a reset!
[color=#00AA00]socratis[/color] wrote:So if anyone else is encountering ANY issue, consider a reset/REBOOT!
There! I fixed it for you! ;)

Thanks for reporting back, that seemed quite baffling of a question. Marking as [Invalid].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.