Error installing 5.2.12 on OSX 10.13.4

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
ksf

Error installing 5.2.12 on OSX 10.13.4

Post by ksf »

It seems like I should be able to create an account and post a link to a post that describes my issue, but it won't let me. The ID for the topic that describes my problem is viewtopic.php?f=8&t=85728. [ModEdit: added link]

Per the instructions there, I uninstalled, rebooted my machine and installed with logging. I'm attaching a zipped file of the log output.

I get a message that the installation was unsuccessful when I run the install package I downloaded from your site.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Attachments
Installer Log 22-Jun-2018.txt.zip
(3.02 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Last edited by socratis on 22. Jun 2018, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added missing URL.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Error installing 5.2.12 on OSX 10.13.4

Post by socratis »

JJun 22 11:10:59 DC2AAHTDF-M installd[1460]: ./postflight: /Library/Application Support/
    VirtualBox/VBoxDrv.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) system policy prevents loading;
    check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
See the Apple Documentation: User-Approved Kernel Extension Loading.
The fact that you are NOT seeing the warning dialog remains a mystery, even for Apple...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.