[Resolved] Message d erreur installation Virtual Box

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Tendresse

[Resolved] Message d erreur installation Virtual Box

Post by Tendresse »

Bonjour,
Mon anglais est très mauvais. Je suis un particulier. J'ai téléchargé une version gratuite de Virtual Box. J'ai installé Virtual Box et j'ai un message d'erreur. Je suis sous Mac OS X 10.13.4 Version High Sierra.
Le message est : L'installation a échoué.Le programme d'installation a rencontré une erreur qui a provoqué l'échec de l'installation. Contactez l'éditeur du logiciel pour obtenir de l'aide.
Je ne suis pas du tout informaticienne.....
Pouvez-vous m'apporter de l'aide, s'il vous plaît ?
Merci,
Last edited by socratis on 26. Apr 2018, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
Tendresse

virtualbox installation

Post by Tendresse »

Hello,
My English is very bad. I am an individual. I downloaded a free version of Virtual Box. I installed Virtual Box and I have an error message. I am running Mac OS X 10.13.4 High Sierra Version.
The message is: Installation failed. Setup encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software publisher for assistance.
I am not at all computer scientist .....
Can you help me, please?
thank you,
Tenderness
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Message d erreur installation Virtual Box

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: J'ai lu votre message en français et je voulais vous répondre, mais d'autres choses étaient prioritaires, désolé....

En 10.13.x Apple a introduit une nouvelle fonction de sécurité. Les nouvelles "extensions du noyau" doivent être approuvées. Vous devez aller à la rubrique "Sécurité" dans les "Préférences Système". Là-bas, vous devez approuver Oracle. Essayez-le.....

Pour plus de détails, voir :
I read your message in French and I wanted to reply, but other things had priority, sorry...

In 10.13.x Apple introduced a new security feature. New "kernel extensions" have to be approved. You need to go to the "Security" in the "System Preferences". There you need to approve Oracle. Try it...

For more details, see:
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I deleted another copy/paste message. I already replied to you here. Follow the links that I gave you.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Tendresse

Post by Tendresse »

Bonjour,
Je vous remercie. J'ai tout lu même s'il y a beaucoup de passages que je ne comprends pas bien. J'ai mis à la corbeille Virtual Box et je l'ai téléchargé à nouveau. Mais dans Préférences Système/ Sécurité : je n'ai pas le message me demandant d'accepter Oracle/Virtual Box. Le logiciel se télécharge et j'ai toujours le même message d'erreur.
Je n'ai aucun message concernant le noyau.
Peut-être un centre Apple pourra-t-il m'aider ?
Je suis terriblement ennuyée.
Je vous remercie.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

1. Once you start the installer package, press Cmd-L to show the installer log window.
  2. Choose to "Show All Logs" from the detail level drop-down list.
  3. Before you finalize the installation (due to error or not), click "Save" on the installer log window.
  4. ZIP it and attach it to your reply.
PS. https://www.deepl.com/translator
Tendresse

Post by Tendresse »

Bonjour,
Merci beaucoup. J'ai tapé Cmd L et sécurité et cela s'est installé, je crois.
Merci de votre aide.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: J'ai tapé Cmd L et sécurité et cela s'est installé, je crois.
I typed Cmd L and security and it settled, I think.
Unfortunately, no. It was something else that made it work, maybe luck, reboot, something else?
Cmd+L was not the reason. Ca, c'est pas..

Glad you got it going. Marking as [Resolved].