Verbundene Laufwerke bei Windows 10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
HGT

Verbundene Laufwerke bei Windows 10

Post by HGT »

Hallo,
ich habe auf meinem MAC (MacOS_High_Sierra) VirtualBox installiert und als Gastsystem Windows 10.
Soweit funktioniert alles super.

Über „Gemeinsame Ordner“ der VirtualBox habe ich einen Ordner auf meinem MAC und einen Ordner der auf meiner Synology NAS liegt verbunden. Dort kann ich über den Explorer von Windows 10 auf die Dateien zugreifen.

Erfogt ein Update von Microsoft, so ist die Verbindung zur NAS nicht mehr erreichbar (zum MAC schon).
Erst nach löschen und wieder einrichten des „Gemeinsamen Ordner“ in der VirtualBox ist ein Zugriff auf die Dateien über den Explorer wieder möglich.

Habe ich einen Fehler in den Einstellungen oder was könnte die Ursache sein?

Vielen Dank im Voraus.

LG HGT
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Verbundene Laufwerke bei Windows 10

Post by socratis »

If Microsoft updates the connection to the NAS is no longer accessible
Do I have an error in the settings or what could be the cause?
You already have answered your own question; Microsoft updates are responsible for your loss of the shared folders. In most cases you have to also re-install the Guest Additions.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
HGT

Post by HGT »

sorry, but why are only connections to the NAS lost and connections to the host system persist?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I may have read that wrong in the translation... :shock:

Are you using VirtualBox Shared Folders to share your NAS drive? If yes, don't. From ch. 4.3 Shared folders:
Shared folders must physically reside on the host
You should connect to the NAS folder from within the guest. Guest -> NAS, not guest -> host -> NAS.

Plus, you never know what's going to go wrong with the Windows Updates. As I said, always re-install the Guest Additions.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

Was the Windows update actually an upgrade to version 1709? There are lots of posts in the Technet forums about losing NAS drives after this upgrade, especially if the NAS uses SMB 1.0 only.
Bill