USB C adaptor not recognised on windows 7 virtual box

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Ves

Re: USB C adaptor not recognised on windows 7 virtual box

Post by Ves »

I have similar problem.
Virtualbox on Macbook 2015 + USC-c hub + USB 3.0 stick
Guest OS(Win7, Win8.1, Linux) does recognize it, but after a few minutes of copying everything freezes. Until I unplug the stick and plug it in again.

I'm googling now for 3 days to solve the problem, you know how it is. No luck :(
The problem is I'm using a setup that is checking some files on usb from time to time and when it freezes - files gets corrupted, I have to reboot, etc

Any help or direction of the solution would be highly appreciated.

L
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB C adaptor not recognised on windows 7 virtual box

Post by socratis »

As it has been mentioned (several times) in this thread, the USB-C adapter is hardware. It has nothing to do with the virtual hardware that VirtualBox is dealing with. With that in mind, please open a new thread in the OSX hosts section, because I'm locking this one. This thread is meaningless and the only thing it does is to attract similar questions.

But, before you open the new thread, ask yourself the following, and if there is a need, you can post what you tried in the new thread:
  • Have you enabled USB3 in your guest settings?
  • Have you installed the Intel USB3 drivers for your Windows 7 guest, as it doesn't support USB3 natively?
  • Have you tried the same operation from within your host? Copying the same set of files?
  • Have you thought of using Shared folders?
I really hope that these questions might force you to check a couple of things and that you don't have to open a new thread.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.