VM list not present

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
diyhouse

VM list not present

Post by diyhouse »

Hi guys,.. I am running 18.04 ( all up to date) with 6.1.6,.. I have removed 6.1.6 and reinstalled,.. and the problem of my VM's not in list is still present.
If I go to the command line, I can use the tools to list machines ( so I know they are all still there,.. and I can see them with a file manager ),.. they just don't show up in a list on the left hand side of the VirtualBox manager.

I was having problems with the settings menu coming up (almost) full screen,.. until I selected 'system', at which point it collapsed back to normal size.
I was checking the log files for a m/c that would not start, (home Assistant Rasp Pi ),.. and found that the 'close' button could not be found. Eventually I managed to close it off,.. but then my virtual m/cs were not listed,... other than the last one in the list,.. which I deleted ( as I could),.. and the next in the list has appeared,... but I cannot see how to access or display other available VMs.. and now the New, Setting, Discard, Start icons are not enabled..
vbox-Vms.png
vbox-Vms.png (89.82 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Does anyone have any ideas...

Many Tx
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VM list not present

Post by scottgus1 »

The guest list has been slid closed to the left. Move your mouse over on the left side, where it turns to a left/right arrow, click, drag right. If you have clicked the guest list slider, not the main window's left side, then the window will stay where it is and the guest list will reappear.
diyhouse

Post by diyhouse »

Ah,.. thats it!!
Many tx for your help,.. I had tried something like that but must say I missed the very small window that is the transition point to double arrow to single arrow...
I was also looking for some sort of window layout menu item... and could find nothing...
But thankyou for putting me straight...
Rgds
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Glad you got your list back!