Input devices are frozen after first click in fullscreen

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
foki

Input devices are frozen after first click in fullscreen

Post by foki »

I am running Arch Linux with Linux 5.3.12-arch1-1 kernel and GNOME 3.34.1 via Xorg 1.20.5-4.
My VirtualBox version is 6.0.14 r132055.
I run two guest operating systems: Windows 10 and the latest Fedora (just to verify that it's not a Windows issue). The behavior that I am going to describe is the same for both guests.

Everything works fine when in minimized window mode.

However, when in the full screen mode, input devices (both keyboard and mouse) get cut from the guest operating system. That means, the guest OS still runs but it does not accept any inputs.

The behavior is the same regardless of whether my guest additions are installed or not. It looks like guest additions somewhat work. For example, the bidirectional clipboard works fine and the screen fits the monitor boundaries when full-screen is enabled.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Input devices are frozen after first click in fullscreen

Post by socratis »

foki wrote:My VirtualBox version is 6.0.14 r132055.
Unfortunately, the official VirtualBox is 6.0.14 r133895, so it seems that you're running the Arch-fork version of VirtualBox. You can either ask in their forums/channels for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Linux Downloads section of VirtualBox.
foki wrote:when in minimized window mode
Minimized window mode? What's that? VM Window in a ... dock? Do you maybe mean "normal/default/windowed mode"?

When you switch to the official VirtualBox, and update the Guest Additions (GAs), and you're still getting the same behavior, we need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run, where the problem occurs:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe or recreate the problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.