[Invalid] Oracle Licensing for DBMS (Oracle 18c) on OVM

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Nvictus

[Invalid] Oracle Licensing for DBMS (Oracle 18c) on OVM

Post by Nvictus »

Hello

I would like to know if I purchase a server with 26 cores/52 threads. I install OVM on the server. I will create one VM guest with Oracle Enterprise Linux and Oracle DBMS 18C. I only allocate 10 cores to the VM guest for Oracle 18C. Will Oracle bill us for the 26 cores or the 10 cores allocated to the DBMS.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by socratis on 11. Nov 2019, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Invalid].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Oracle Licensing for DBMS (Oracle 18c) on OVM

Post by socratis »

Nvictus wrote:I install OVM on the server.
Are you referring to Oracle VirtualBox, or Oracle VM, which is a completely different product?
Nvictus wrote:Will Oracle bill us for the 26 cores or the 10 cores allocated to the DBMS.
This is definitely not a question for the VirtualBox forums, this is a question for your Oracle Service Representative. I'm afraid I have to mark the thread as [Invalid], as purchasing/licensing questions aren't/can't be answered here...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.