HELP First Post Deleted Some files in the folder where my vms are stored

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
gothboy

HELP First Post Deleted Some files in the folder where my vms are stored

Post by gothboy »

So I'm running the latest stable version of ubuntu budgie, and i store my VMs in a Crypted Container (Veracrypt) so i know i was runnning out of room so I deleted some vboxs in the folder when i know i shouldn't of done that i shouldve just removed the machine from the actual App, so heres the ouput i get and it sais inaccessible even after i mount the encrypted container. Thanks for having me and take care all :D

1st vm that sais inaccessible:
Document is empty.
Location: '/media/veracrypt6/win7/win7.vbox', line 1 (0), column 1.
/home/vbox/vbox-6.0.10/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[752] (nsresult Machine::i_registeredInit()).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {5047460a-265d-4538-b23e-ddba5fb84976}
2nd vm that sais inaccessible :
Document is empty.
Location: '/media/veracrypt6/New group/Windows7L/Windows7L.vbox', line 1 (0), column 1.
/home/vbox/vbox-6.0.10/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[752] (nsresult Machine::i_registeredInit()).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {5047460a-265d-4538-b23e-ddba5fb84976}
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: HELP First Post Deleted Some files in the folder where my vms are stored

Post by socratis »

gothboy wrote:so I deleted some vboxs in the folder when i know i shouldn't of done that
gothboy wrote:Document is empty.
As the error message says, the "win7.vbox" and "Windows7L.vbox" files are empty. This does not fit your description that says you deleted some(?) files, you would get a "File not found" error, not a "Document is empty" error.

Do you have a "/media/veracrypt6/win7/win7.vbox-prev" and "/media/veracrypt6/New group/Windows7L/Windows7L.vbox-prev" files? If so copy them to the non "-prev" counterparts. If no, you have to restore these files from a backup.

You did make a backup before starting deleting files, right?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.