[WorksForMe] Cloud Profile Manager not Available on Linux?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
pmonday

[WorksForMe] Cloud Profile Manager not Available on Linux?

Post by pmonday »

I am trying to use the "Export to OCI" feature and am not having much luck.

I've been following the instructions here: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E97728_01/E9 ... l/ovf.html

In a nutshell, the Cloud Profile Manager is not an option in the File dropdown (Oracle Linux 7.6 and CentOS Linux 7.6.1810), VirtualBox 6.0.10.

I try the manual setup with a ~/.oci/config and/or a ~/.VIrtualBox/oci_config and then attempt to export my VM with "Machine -> Export to OCI". The export starts, it gets to about step 16/18 and then hangs. I never get asked for a Bucket location so I'm guessing something is just not right.

The VBoxSVC.log is looping on the message:
00:45:16.243299 nspr-2 ERROR [COM]: aRC=VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001) aIID={9b6e1aee-35f3-4f4d-b5bb-ed0ecefd8538} aComponent={EventSourceWrap} aText={Listener was never registered}, preserve=false aResultDetail=0

My oci_config looks like (adding a compartment OCID does not help):
[DEFAULT]
user=<ocid>
fingerprint=<fingerprint>
key_file=~/.oci/oci_api_key.pem
tenancy=<ocid>
region=us-ashburn-1

One additional note, both of these machines I'm trying on had many past installations of VirtualBox going back a few years, though I removed them before installing 6.0.x. I removed the .VirtualBox directories as well on one of my attempts wondering if there was some incompatible menu state but that didn't change the outcome.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by socratis on 14. Aug 2019, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
pmonday

Re: Cloud Profile Manager not Available on Linux?

Post by pmonday »

Got it, the problem was simply that my extension pack was not installed when I upgraded. So export to cloud does require the extension pack, then following the OCI configuration appears to get to the next steps!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Cloud Profile Manager not Available on Linux?

Post by socratis »

Glad you figured it out, marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.