[Fixed] Virtualbox grabbing keyboard/focus after mouse clicked outside (#18745)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
luizluca

[Fixed] Virtualbox grabbing keyboard/focus after mouse clicked outside (#18745)

Post by luizluca »

ModEdit; related ticket: #18745: Vbox 6.0.8 keeps keyboard grab even after mouse is out
Hello,

Since some weeks, vbox started to keep keyboard grab even after I left VM windows. Something like this:
  1. with mouse integration on click inside the VM. Keyboard is grabbed by VM
  2. click anywhere outside the VM windows (i.e.: an text editor). Keyboard leaves VM and I can start to type inside the editor
  3. A second after I clicked, I can see the current position cursor inside the editor disappear (indicating that the component has lost focus). All my keyboard keys are back to VM.
I can only break this cycle by using the "host key", even when VM window is not in use (but has keyboard grab).
  • VM window grab keyboard as soon as it starts (even before OS is booting)
  • I'm using Virtualbox 6.0.8 in an updated OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (using OpenSUSE Tumbleweed vbox packages).
  • I'm using KDE
  • I have both extensions and additions installed
I'm using headless VM with RDP in order to avoid the rogue keyboard grabbing.
Does anyone have seen this before?

I also reported this issue https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/18745
Last edited by socratis on 12. Jul 2019, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Fixed].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Fixed] Virtualbox grabbing keyboard/focus after mouse clicked outside (#18745)

Post by socratis »

luizluca wrote:It seems to be an issue with QT 5.13
... which has been addressed with changeset 79640. Added the ticket info in the title/1st post and marking as [Fixed].

Great detective work! 8)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.