Mouse clicks fail on both host and guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
EtcPancake

Mouse clicks fail on both host and guest

Post by EtcPancake »

I'm using a host machine running Fedora and a guest running a Debian-based distro with guest additions installed. Sometimes randomly the mouse click stops working on both host and guest. The problem isn't resolved until I restart the VM. I tried to disable mouse integration and re-enable it last time it happened, but I am not able to click on the menu bar nor select it with the keyboard. Any help would be much appreciated!!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse clicks fail on both host and guest

Post by socratis »

It happens to me on a physical computer. Sometimes the connection is lost and it recovers after a while. Sometimes I have to unplug/plug the mouse to make it work. Check the 'dmesg' on both host and guest to see if you can find anything USB/Mouse related...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
EtcPancake

Post by EtcPancake »

Not sure that is the issue. I am on a laptop and so the trackpad is directly attached to the motherboard, probably should have said that. Next time the issue occurs I will try a usb mouse. Thanks
EtcPancake

Post by EtcPancake »

So looks like I figured out that the issue is only present when in full-screen mode. I even tried removing guest additions and changing screen resolution and still it only happens when in full screen mode. I have ps2/mouse selected and have tried all other options. Is there anything else I can do?