Virtualbox and openSUSE Leap 15.1

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
bennyg

Virtualbox and openSUSE Leap 15.1

Post by bennyg »

Hi

Will there be a repository for openSUSE Leap 15.1 in the near future?

Thanks

Benny
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox and openSUSE Leap 15.1

Post by socratis »

Doesn't the OpenSUSE 15.0 work? Can't you download it from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads ?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
bennyg

Post by bennyg »

I have not tested it yet because the distribution version is different. For the versions of Leap 42 there was always a separate repository.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Give it a shot, I don't see how different 15.0 and 15.1 will be...

From https://download.opensuse.org/distribut ... /15.1/iso/ is seems that the OpenSUSE 15.1 ISOs were ready in 2019-05-15, just 2 days after 6.0.8 was released. I don't think the VirtualBox developers could foresee the 15.1 release... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
bennyg

Post by bennyg »

...on the 22nd of May

OK :wink:
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

You posted while I was editing my message! :)

Please re-read it, and try the 15.0 build, I'm 90% sure that it will work. If that doesn't, you can always get the generic Linux distribution (the "Linux 64-bit") from the latest 6.0.x test builds.
bennyg

Post by bennyg »

Another variant would be to wait for 6.0.10 or to use the version of Virtualbox from the openSUSE 15.1 distribution.

It is not so tragic. :wink: I currently use the 15.0 also and everything runs fine from the right Virtualbox repository.