Graphics rendering errors - Gnome - Ubuntu 19.04 - VMSVGA

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
deBUG

Graphics rendering errors - Gnome - Ubuntu 19.04 - VMSVGA

Post by deBUG »

Ubuntu 19.04 /GNOME/ Nvidia 1050 / Intel i3 dualcore.

I just wanted to note I have rendering errors with VMSVGA, both the Gnome dock is broken and there are wierd font rendering on Ubuntu message vboxes.
I tried now with VBoxSVGA and the rendering errors are gone but very slow rendering instead. (1/4 the result of GLmark2 with VMSVGA)
But as dock menu is broken in VMSVGA device that is the only usable possibility.

I can only post this superficial report, no time to follow up with debugging if someone doesn't see this as a familiar problem ..
Im on NVIDIA 1050 and Intel i3 dualcore.

Greetings deBUG
I tried to upload screengrabs but must wait 1 day ..
Attachments
Elongated icons in dock unclickable.
Elongated icons in dock unclickable.
6.jpg (29.62 KiB) Viewed 851 times
5.png
5.png (52.99 KiB) Viewed 851 times
1.png
1.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 852 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Graphics rendering errors - Gnome - Ubuntu 19.04 - VMSVGA

Post by andyp73 »

deBUG wrote:I just wanted to note I have rendering errors with VMSVGA ... I tried now with VBoxSVGA
If you are having problems with VMSVGA then switch back to VBoxVGA (no S). The VBoxSVGA vGPU is new for 6.0.x and has a few problems but is meant for Windows guests not Linux.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.