Mouse cannot click on guest. Keyboard working fine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
SilencioU

Mouse cannot click on guest. Keyboard working fine

Post by SilencioU »

Hi, i just upgrade my host fedora 19 to fedora 28.
In fedora 19 everything was working fine, but with the upgrade, virtualbox is making trouble.

I ran virtualbox 6, if im not in full screen then it works perfectly for several hours, but the mouse "crashes" randomly.
If i start virtualbox in full screen or i change from another visual format to full screen, the mouse crashes in minutes.

This is the problem: The mouse works bucause im able to move into the guest and the host, but i cannot click anything inside the host (windows xp). If i use the keyboard im able to navigate and keyboard-click wherever i want, but the mouse cant.

Someone has a solution? or the same problem?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse cannot click on guest. Keyboard working fine

Post by socratis »

Open a Terminal, and with no VM running, type the command:
  • 
    VBoxBugReport "<VMname>"
where "<VMname>" is the actual name of the VM that you have a problem with. This will generate a "YYYY-MM-DD-hh-mm-ss-bugreport.tgz" file in the current directory (most probably your home directory). Attach that file in your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.