DVD Passthrough disconnects from guest machine when a new DVD is inserted into the drive.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: DVD Passthrough disconnects from guest machine when a new DVD is inserted into the drive.

Post by scottgus1 »

Your previous log was not looked into much because you had the wrong source of Virtualbox installed. A new log will be necessary.

Start the guest from full power off, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Please zip and post a guest vbox.log, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
supergman

Re: DVD Passthrough disconnects from guest machine when a new DVD is inserted into the drive.

Post by supergman »

Thanks for the reply. I will get the logs as soon as I am able but there will be a significant delay in doing so. The Power supply of the Host machine bit the dust on Friday, and because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, computer supplies, among other things, are taking much longer to ship. Once I get the host back up and running I will see if I can grab the logs from my last session and post them.

Thanks for your continued support.
sgman.