right side of screen cut off

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
NeedHelpPlease

right side of screen cut off

Post by NeedHelpPlease »

I have spent quite a bit of time on various linux distros and when VirtualBox works the right side of the (virtual) screen is cut off
currently I am running Mint 19 Cinnamon - and VirtBox is working better than ever except for this problem

among other people with similar problem one view is at:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGO/comments/ ... _mtgohelp/

I have tried VBox preferences setting the display hint of 1920 x 1080 (and lots of other things)

also it is the same on the HDMI output from the Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H motherboard
as well as HDMI on my newly installed Nvidia GTX 1050 TI video card

I am really stuck since I can not click on necessary buttons on the right to install systems
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: right side of screen cut off

Post by socratis »

I'm not sure I follow. What happens if you set the display to a lower size than your actual monitor? I've never heard of VirtualBox cutting of anything. If the resolution of your guest is larger than your monitor, there are scrollbars appearing in the window.

Can you please attach an image locally so we know what we're talking about?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.