Nat network, UDP port forwarding doesn't work stable - after few minutes closing connection

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Lipsky

Nat network, UDP port forwarding doesn't work stable - after few minutes closing connection

Post by Lipsky »

Hello everyone,
I set port forwarding rules and I'm running virtual machine, after that i'm trying connect with application launched at guest via UDP from different computer in the same local network.
Everything works fine for few minutes, after that connection is closing.
I tested connection via TCP and everything works stable.
Host Linux ubuntu 18.04 64 bit
Guest: Linux ubuntu 16.04 32 bit
I tried install different versions VirtualBox and it's not helping.

Edit:
I did the same at qemu and everything works fine.

I would like to use Vbox for my solution that's why i need fix for this problem.
Thanks,
Piotr
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Nat network, UDP port forwarding doesn't work stable - after few minutes closing connection

Post by socratis »

We'd need to see way more than a simple description; complete and detailed setup of your VMs, logs, TCP/IP and UDP captures. Then you'll stand a chance of receiving a descent answer...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Lipsky

Re: Nat network, UDP port forwarding doesn't work stable - after few minutes closing connection

Post by Lipsky »

In attachments you can see more details about my VM.
Attachments
Forwarding rules
Forwarding rules
3.png (73.14 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
1.png
1.png (52.84 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
VBox.log
(119.81 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Lipsky

Post by Lipsky »

Forwarding rules
Attachments
Forwarding rules
Forwarding rules
23.png (20.17 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

We need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe problem / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Lipsky

Post by Lipsky »

vbox.log in attachment

I used wireshark for analyzing packet traffic and I see that at some point (after few minutes) packets don't leave virtual machine.
Attachments
vbox.log.zip
(23.93 KiB) Downloaded 21 times