Ubunut 18.04 with DisplayLink

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
svbhvman
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP

Ubunut 18.04 with DisplayLink

Post by svbhvman »

I just installed Ubuntu 18.04 when my Windows SSD died and run into an issue with VirtualBox. I have a multiple monitor setup with my laptop display as the main monitor and three 24 inch monitors surrounding it. The issue is that when I make any guest full screen on monitors 2 or 4, the user interface shows on the correct monitor but the guest opens on the other monitor ( 2 -> 4 and 4 -> 2 ) so my user interfaces are above the wrong guest when I have multiple guests open. If I go full screen on monitor 1 or 3 then everything is normal. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Ubunut 18.04 with DisplayLink

Post by socratis »

svbhvman wrote:the user interface shows on the correct monitor but the guest opens on the other monitor
Can you define "user interface" and "guest" ? I can't quite understand what primarily "user interface" refers to...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.