Virtual Box Minimalistic Kali Machine CPU usage error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Snypter

Virtual Box Minimalistic Kali Machine CPU usage error

Post by Snypter »

Hi People,
I have a minimalistic custom Kali Linux Deployed on my virtual Box . an ova file was created and using the import appliance feature deployed it on a Mac Virtual Box. It was observed that the OS works fine however. i have given 2 GB ram out of 8 gb and 1 core out of 2 available cores on my Mac 2015 early model. What i have been experiencing is that the OS becomes laggy or unresponsive as soon as i load FIrefox browser and Burpsuite. What happens is the mouse clicks and keyboard clicks delay observed is like 10-15 seconds. this happens for every mouse click or a keyboard type while firefox is rendering a page. While doing Htop i observed that whenever firefox is loading content from a webpage the CPU utilitzation pops to a 100% till the time the page is loaded. None of the pages are more than 50kb but still the OS hangs till the content is completely loaded. Any guidance will be highly appretiated. This issue has been observed only on mac machines it works perfectly fine on all other laptops.

Kind Regards,
Dhruv