Error during installation Extension Pack

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
obelix6410

Error during installation Extension Pack

Post by obelix6410 »

Hello,
I installed a Windows 7 for my work on my Manjaro.
I can't get Windows 7 in full screen.
I wanted to reinstall the Extension Pack that is in /usr/share/virtualbox/additions/, but I get this error during the installation:

Code: Select all

Failed to execute child process “/usr/lib/virtualbox/VBoxExtPackHelperApp --stdout /tmp/VBoxExtPackHelper-bsz310/stdout --stderr /tmp/VBoxExtPackHelper-bsz310/stderr --elevated install --base-dir /usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks --cert-dir /usr/share/virtualbox/ExtPackCertificates --name 'Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack' --tarball /usr/share/virtualbox/extensions/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.20.vbox-extpack --sha-256 c102605786fba696ba02a9354af5e4602eb8a0957a9d0eb6d3e0721ab8f0cb8d --replace” (No such file or directory)
Could any of you help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Error during installation Extension Pack

Post by andyp73 »

It appears as though you are trying to install the wrong thing. The Extension Pack installs on your host and gives you the support for USB2/USB3 and other features that are closed source. It looks like you want to install the Guest Additions into your Windows 7 guest.

With the guest running, select Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD Image... and then run the installer .exe within Windows.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.