host-only nmap unavailable

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
qiaoqiao

host-only nmap unavailable

Post by qiaoqiao »

host-only nmap Scanning is not reachable.
ping Otherip ping Not through
Firefox browser can be Not through to the Internet
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: host-only nmap unavailable

Post by socratis »

You seem to have some sort of networking question, I'm not sure what's the question... I suggest that you should start reading chapter 6. Virtual networking and if you still have any questions after that, please state them in more detail.

Include the network setup of your VM, that's always helpful...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
qiaoqiao

Host-only mode can be updated on google apt-get update but nmap is not available

Post by qiaoqiao »

apt-get updaet normal
apt-get update
apt-get update
无标题.png (113.69 KiB) Viewed 2513 times
google Access to the internet is also normal
google
google
3.png (125.44 KiB) Viewed 2513 times
nmap Inaccessible
Attachments
nmap Unavailable
nmap Unavailable
2.png (114.03 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
Last edited by qiaoqiao on 31. Oct 2018, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
qiaoqiao

Re: Host-only mode can be updated on google apt-get update but nmap is not available

Post by qiaoqiao »

最后一张图传错了

[ModEdit; translation]
The last picture was wrong.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

If you can "ping <DefaultGateway>", if you can "ping 1.1.1.1", if you can "ping download.virtualbox.org", VirtualBox is working as it should. You should look elsewhere for your networking connectivity. Look in your host for firewalls, proxies, antivirus filters, web-cleaning applications, redirectors, etc.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
qiaoqiao

Post by qiaoqiao »

I can only open one port at a time on a shared network, like 8580 or 9050
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

socratis wrote:You seem to have some sort of networking question, I'm not sure what's the question... I suggest that you should start reading chapter 6. Virtual networking and if you still have any questions after that, please state them in more detail.

Include the network setup of your VM, that's always helpful...
I would add, that if you want help with the translation, you can use https://translate.google.com/