USB devices not recognized over Mint cinamon 18.3

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
siawacsh

USB devices not recognized over Mint cinamon 18.3

Post by siawacsh »

I am running windows 7 Home Premium using Virtualbox version 5.1.38 for Ubuntu on Linux Mint 18.3. I am trying to get USB devices to be recognized. Here are the steps I have followed thus far without success

In my native system under users and groups I clicked on users tab and added vboxusers. There was no option to do this under users.

I restarted VB and my native linux.

Then I started VB under devices I added insert guest additions CD image. This only offers an option to download guest additions. Once that is done, I go to devices, usb, usb settings. All the options in that is grayed out. When I restart the system I still cannot get VB to detect usb devices. Obvious the native linux system can recognize my usb devices.

I would appreciate your help.

siawacsh
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB devices not recognized over Mint cinamon 18.3

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts.

If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help and post the information requested.

PS. I deleted your duplicate post. According to the forum rules, duplicate posts are not allowed. It's not good etiquette... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.