Virtual Box - Linux MINT and Dongle USB Sentinel HASP

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
digg75

Virtual Box - Linux MINT and Dongle USB Sentinel HASP

Post by digg75 »

Hi,

I have installed the last version of VirtualBox 5.2.18 on Linux MInt 19.

I have installed a Windows 7 pro machine and the exstension pack on the host and guest addiction on the guest.

The usb service is ok, and a memory stick usb is quickly recognized.

But i have a problem with a software that have a Licence Key USB Dongle HASP Sentinel.

The key are recognized on the guest and the system ask the driver installation but the software don't see the licence key.

Any suggestion?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtual Box - Linux MINT and Dongle USB Sentinel HASP

Post by socratis »

If the device is recognized that's a good start. If the software doesn't recognize it, maybe you should ask the people that wrote the software?

Just to be safe from the VirtualBox side, please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts.

If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help and post the information requested.

I would draw some special attention to the USB3 controller/driver. It may be worth it enabling it in your Win7 guest...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.