I cannot see my Wacom tablet cursor

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
BKorb

I cannot see my Wacom tablet cursor

Post by BKorb »

The Wacom tablet is supposed to be an over-a-dozen-button mouse. Though it can move the point, the cursor is only controlled by the mouse. That makes it difficult to use the tablet. If I do not plug the mouse in, then I still get no cursor. When I Google this issue, I get recommendations that mostly say, "select machine and then dis-and-en-able mouse integration". The "Machine" menu has no such entry, making it difficult to follow instructions. How do I really get this to work?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: I cannot see my Wacom tablet cursor

Post by socratis »

Is the Wacom tablet a USB one? You could capture it in the guest and see the whole personality. Otherwise, you're simply seeing a USB mouse pretty much, not the full capabilities of your tablet.

Plus, if it installs its own cursors, that's going to be tough to see in a VM...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
BKorb

Post by BKorb »

I wish I knew what you meant. :) It is a USB tablet. I can run the tablet configurator in the Windows/guest machine, the buttons show up when my fingers hover over them and I can move the point around by moving the pen on the tablet. Unfortunately, the graphic cursor does *not* move, so it is difficult to tell where the point really is.

SO: I just need to know how to get the tablet inputs to manipulate the visible cursor *as well as* the focus point. (The focus point will cause highlighting with its hovering, so I know the focus point is moved.)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I have no clue what you're talking about either. ;)

If it's a USB device that you can plug and unplug, see if you can capture it in your guest. See the USB basics and troubleshooting FAQ, all of the posts.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.