Missing Toolbar and Statusbar every time I start VirtualBox Manager

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
heis2201

Missing Toolbar and Statusbar every time I start VirtualBox Manager

Post by heis2201 »

Hi,

THe headline says it all. Every time I start VB Manager, I am missing the Statusbar and, more important, the Toolbar. I have to right-click and manually enable them.
Does anyone know how to display those bars permanently?
This issue came up recently (not sure what triggered it) - before it would remember the last setting.

I am on Fedora 28, using Gnome on Wayland, if that's of interest.

Many thanks,
F
al609

Re: Missing Toolbar and Statusbar every time I start VirtualBox Manager

Post by al609 »

I also am seeing this behaviour since installing 5.2.18. Fedora 28, KDE. In addition trying to build the Guest Additions in my guest systems fails, and leaves me with no shared folders capabilities. For a maintenance release, 2.18 has introduced more bugs and problems than I have ever seen before.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Missing Toolbar and Statusbar every time I start VirtualBox Manager

Post by socratis »

Already done. Take a look at ticket #17855: [5.2.14][QT 5.11] VBoxManager doesn't store correctly values in ~/.config/VirtualBox/VirtualBox.xml, I think it describes your situation exactly.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.