Please Delete

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
tinker123

Please Delete

Post by tinker123 »

Admins, please delete this thread.
Last edited by tinker123 on 29. Sep 2018, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Mint Linux: Trouble Getting Oracle VMBox To Read A USB CAC reader

Post by mpack »

I guess you didn't look around much. We can't comment on your problem unless you give us the evidence to go on, in the form of a log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Mint Linux: Trouble Getting Oracle VMBox To Read A USB CAC reader

Post by andyp73 »

tinker123 wrote:I found the options for this greyed out
You wouldn't expect to be able to remove one type of USB host controller and replace it with another on a physical PC whilst it is powered on, so why would you think you would be able to do it on a virtual PC? You will find those options become available when the guest is shutdown.

If you want USB2 or USB3 support then you need to make sure you have the extension pack installed (and with the same version as the version of VirtualBox you have installed).

Thereafter, you need to follow mpack's advice.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.