Unable to activate VT-x

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Gutchi

Unable to activate VT-x

Post by Gutchi »

Hello,

I'm using VirtualBox 5.2.10, and running a VM with Windows 7, and i need to activate VT-x on it.

As you can see here, i have activated the option in the configuration of the VM:
VT-x
VT-x
1.png (15.32 KiB) Viewed 730 times
But on inside the Win7 VM, it doesn't appear to be activated
2.png
2.png (80.25 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Of course the VT-X is enable in the BIOS of the host machine. I have this type of CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60GHz

Someboy known how can i correct that?

Thank you
Last edited by Gutchi on 7. Sep 2018, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Unable to activate VT-x

Post by andyp73 »

Gutchi wrote:I'm using VirtualBox 5.2.10
There are more recent versions you could be using. The current one (as of writing is 5.2.18).
Gutchi wrote:As you can see here
Nope, can't see. Image links to third party sites don't work. You should instead use the "Upload attachment" tab below the text entry box for replies and embed them in the image.
Gutchi wrote:But on inside the Win7 VM, it doesn't appear to be activated
The VT-x feature is something that is used by the VirtualBox application running on your host to provide the hardware facilities used by the guest. You shouldn't expect to see VT-x capabilities being reporting inside your guest.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Gutchi

Re: Unable to activate VT-x

Post by Gutchi »

Sorry i have corrected my post.
You say i'm unable to see on the guest if VTx if it enabled, but why i see it on a vmware VM for example?