Massive Qt noise on tty from VirtualBox GUI

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
tlhackque

Massive Qt noise on tty from VirtualBox GUI

Post by tlhackque »

I installed 5.2.16 from the repo (and briefly, 5.2.18 from the generic linux kit).

I run the VirtualBox GUI hosted on Fedora 28 over SSH from Windows 10 (VcxSrv).

With this update, I get massive tty output like this (What's shown below repeats - seemingly whenever I move the mouse over a GUI element):

Code: Select all

Qt WARNING: Falling back to using screens root_visual.
Qt WARNING: No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SwapBehavior(SingleBuffer), swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::ColorSpace(DefaultColorSpace), profile  QSurfaceFormat::OpenGLContextProfile(NoProfile))
This did not happen with the previous version (VirtualBox 5.0.14) on Fedora 15.

The host OS is up-to-date. The guest is Fedora 27 (being updated from 21 to 28).

So far, everything seems to work, but the constant Qt noise makes the terminal window unusable. (FWIW, I always background the GUI).

I've attached the .log file, FWIW.

On the WIndows side, it's a dual monitor machine, both displays connected to a Radeon 4800. VcXsrv is in multi-monitor mode - it's an extended desktop.
Attachments
WikiWorld-2018-08-16-19-22-02.log
(72.14 KiB) Downloaded 63 times