[Solved] can not find snapshot management page

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Alex Lavigne

[Solved] can not find snapshot management page

Post by Alex Lavigne »

I am using virtualbox in arch linux.
The version of virtualbox is " VirtualBox Graphical User Interface Version 5.2.16 r123745 ".
And I can not find the snapshot management page.
Can anyone help me ?

The only thing about snapshot I haven found is in the running window, in the submenu Machine ->take snapshot.

But I cannot find the manangement page which I haven used before, where there are a list of snapshot,and I can start any snapshot or delete a snapshot.
Last edited by socratis on 15. Aug 2018, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: can not find snapshot management page

Post by socratis »

Top right corner, there are two large icons; a hammer (Machine tools) and some screwdrivers (Global tools). Click on the downwards pointing arrow on the Machine tools and select Snapshots. A new "tab"/"button" will allow you to access your snapshots.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Alex Lavigne

Post by Alex Lavigne »

Thanks for reply.
I cannot find the two large icons in Top right corner.
As follow,there is my screenshot about the virtualbox.But I am not sure the picture can show properly.
If there is any problem about the showing of picture.Can you tell me how to use the Img option in post editor?

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah182/alex_lavigne/Screenshot_2018-08-08_08-24-58_zpsqkdk3s7k.png
Last edited by socratis on 14. Aug 2018, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed non-rendering [img] tag to a 3rd party site.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

You cannot use the "img" tag with a 3rd party site. You can however attach the image directly here, see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form. If it's larger than 128 KB, reduce the image size.

Right-click on the border of the VirtualBox Manager, enable the "Show Toolbar" option. Or right-click on the splitter, between the VM list and the Details, same thing.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Alex Lavigne

Post by Alex Lavigne »

thank you!
It does be in the hidden toolbar.
thank you very much.

Should I mark this post as solved ?
But I can not find a place to edit the title of this post.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Alex Lavigne wrote:Should I mark this post as solved ? But I can not find a place to edit the title of this post.
It's OK, I'll mark it for you. For future reference, if you go to your first message, there is an "EDIT" button. There you can change both the content and the title of the post.