Cannot start virtusl machine.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
debian_root

Cannot start virtusl machine.

Post by debian_root »

I am using Debian GNU/Linux Sid amd64 on my computer (host) now.After a system upgrade using APT this afternoon,VirtualBox had been updated to version 5.2.14_Debian r122571.But I found I cannot start any virtual machine anymore after this update.VirtualBox give me an error message when I am trying to start the virtual machine:
Failed to load R0 module /usr/lib/virtualbox/VMMR0.r0: RTLdrGetBits failed (VERR_LDRELF_RELOCATION_NOT_SUPPORTED).
Sorry for my bad English,I have been searched this error message in Bing,but there is no any result about this error message with"VERR_LDRELF_RELOCATION_NOT_SUPPORTED".
Help me !
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Cannot start virtusl machine.

Post by socratis »

debian_root wrote:5.2.14_Debian r122571
1) That's quite an older version of VirtualBox, and
2) it's the Debian fork. You can either ask in their forums for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Linux Downloads section of VirtualBox.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.