The Windows7 virtual machine cannot be started. Tip:Aborted

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
raul17

The Windows7 virtual machine cannot be started. Tip:Aborted

Post by raul17 »

I installed virtualbox in my Ubuntu 16.04 server. The virtualbox version is 5.1.34.
And i installed a windows7 virtual machine in virtualbox.
But when i finished the installation of "insert Guest Additions CD image",the machine needs to be restarted.

At this time,The Windows7 virtual machine cannot be started. Tip:Aborted.

What should I do, ask for help :x
NiteRain

Re: The Windows7 virtual machine cannot be started. Tip:Aborted

Post by NiteRain »

Could you post the logs.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
raul17

Post by raul17 »

hello,I'm sorry to forget to log.
Please see the attached log
Attachments
cuckoo-windows-2018-07-04-18-28-32.zip
here is my VBox.log
(16.09 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

VirtualBox VM 5.1.34_Ubuntu r121010 linux.amd64 (Feb  2 2018 12:27:46) release log
Not only is this an old, unsupported VirtualBox version, but it's also the Ubuntu fork. You can either ask in their forums for help, or completely remove/uninstall/delete/purge their version and install the official version from the Linux Downloads section of VirtualBox.

You can even add VirtualBox as a repository, so you could use your traditional install/upgrade/uninstall tools.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.