Bidirectional moves not working on Ubuntu 18.04

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
giannino1995

Bidirectional moves not working on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by giannino1995 »

VirtualBox does not work properly with Ubuntu 18.04. I have set the program correctly but I can not transfer files. Only copy and paste text works. On one site it says that you have to unmount everything and reinstall the 'guest additions'. If I do this I get this error.

Code: Select all

Could not mount the media/drive 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED).
Codice di uscita: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Componente: ConsoleWrap
Interfaccia: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Chiamante: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}
Use simple English to answer because I have problems with reading. I am Italian boy.
Thank you
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Bidirectional moves not working on Ubuntu 18.04

Post by socratis »

giannino1995 wrote:Only copy and paste text works.
That's the only Copy/Paste that works: text. You cannot Copy/Paste files.
giannino1995 wrote:Could not mount the media/drive 'C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_PDM_MEDIA_LOCKED).
You have a snapshot or a saved state that had the Guest Additions (GAs) CD mounted. Delete that snapshot.
giannino1995 wrote:Use simple English to answer because I have problems with reading. I am Italian boy.
See if these can help:
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
giannino1995

Post by giannino1995 »

socratis wrote:You have a snapshot or a saved state that had the Guest Additions (GAs) CD mounted. Delete that snapshot.
How can I do this thing operatively?
There is a video or a tutorial.
Thanks for everything, you're very kind and very precise.
I apologize for my bad English but I am sure that when you read my speeches you laugh so probably I keep the good mood. :)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

giannino1995 wrote:How can I do this thing operatively?
Right-click on the VM, Show in <FileManager>. ZIP the ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.