VBox 5.2.12 doesn't run on LMDE Betsy 2(Debian 8)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
feldmaus
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: 4.0.2

VBox 5.2.12 doesn't run on LMDE Betsy 2(Debian 8)

Post by feldmaus »

Good evening,

since some month i can't run VBox. Message:

Code: Select all

The VirtualBox kernel modules do not match this version of VirtualBox. The installation of VirtualBox was apperantly not successful. Executing
'/sbin/vboxconfig'
may correct this. Make sure that you do not mix the OSE version and the PUEL version of VirtualBox.

where: supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime what: 4
VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH (-1912) - The installed support driver doesn't match the version of the user.
I have installed the i386 package plus the vbox_extension. My system seems to be an i386, because when i try to install the amd64 package, i get the message,

Code: Select all

Package Arcitecture (amd64) doesn't fit to system(i386).
Anyone an idea?

My supposition is that there is an integrated vbox modul for my kernel <linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64>. Could this be?

regards
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VBox 5.2.12 doesn't run on LMDE Betsy 2(Debian 8)

Post by socratis »

Remove/uninstall/delete/purge your current VirtualBox and install the official version from the Downloads section of VirtualBox.
feldmaus wrote:My system seems to be an i386
Seems? Can't you find out? Don't you know? Have you searched?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.