DnD problems on Fedora 27

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
adparts

DnD problems on Fedora 27

Post by adparts »

Hi all,

I'm running last version of VB (5.2.12 with tools 5.2.12 122591) on Fedora 27 as Host (with all upgrades). I have a VM with win10 1803 and the same version of tools installed in VM 5.2.12 122591
The Clipboard is configured as bidirectional, as DnD.
Copy and paste doesn't works. After Copy in host, nothing appends in guest and with rigth mouse button, paste is disabled. (It has nothing to paste)
After DnD from Host to guest, in the guest appears the error: vbox_e_iprt_error (0x80bb0005), but file is copied. After this error, the guest doesn't working properly: mouse and keyboard are not responding. I have to close the VM with X.

Log is attached.

Many thanks in advance.

Josep
Attachments
W10-2018-06-04-09-46-34.zip
Log file after error and
(30.27 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
adparts

Re: DnD problems on Fedora 27

Post by adparts »

No one else with same issue??
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

1. Have you tried searching for similar problems?
  2. There is a guide that could potentially help you troubleshoot this: Investigating drag and drop (DnD) problems. Please read it and take the appropriate action.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
adparts

Post by adparts »

Thanks socratis...

1. Yes, I've searched for this problem... nothing found...
2. It is not a guide for resolve, it is only for collect more logs. I've tried, but nothing clear found in logs.

I'll recollect again this logs and I'll post it.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I don't have DnD enabled on any of my VMs, mainly because it's a little bit finicky and sensitive. I'm using VirtualBox Shared folders where I can, true networked folders, remote desktop, or other means of getting things in and out of a VM. But some people prefer DnD...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.