Copy and paste from host to centos guest terminal not working.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
DJDumlao

Copy and paste from host to centos guest terminal not working.

Post by DJDumlao »

Copy and paste from host to centos guest terminal not working. I already installed the virtual box guest addition for linux and configured birectional option on the clipboard for this vm. Virtual box version is Version 5.2.8 r121009.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (59.35 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (93.93 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Copy and paste from host to centos guest terminal not working.

Post by socratis »

DJDumlao wrote:Virtual box version is Version 5.2.8 r121009.
  • VirtualBox 5.2.10 is out, so you might want to try that.
  • Second, I don't know if you did or didn't install the Guest Additions (GAs) without an error. See below for the log.
  • Third, you didn't mention your CentOS version. We've been having issues with older ones, like 6.2 not working with newer GAs.
I would start by updating my VirtualBox version, then install the GAs, checking to see if you get any errors during their installation. Then, we're going to need a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Gathering the necessary information:
    1. Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state).
    2. Observe the error, i.e. try to Copy/Paste and fail. Also, try with a text editor. I don't particularly like some terminal tricks, like middle-clicking and other "weird" invented shortcuts. If nothing else, go through the Terminal's menu.
    3. Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.