USB doesn't detect any devices

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
dannycorreia72

USB doesn't detect any devices

Post by dannycorreia72 »

I've been researching all over the internet for a solution and can't seem to find an answer. You're my last resort. I've installed Kali Linux on Virtualbox and it doesn't recognize any USB device that I plug into the USB ports. Therefore, I can't detect my WIFI network adapter to use it. But on my host machine, everything is detected, no problem. I have the last version of Linux Mint installed, just in case you need that information. I have the last version of Virtualbox and the extension pack installed. What am I doing wrong?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB doesn't detect any devices

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts. If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post, #8: Asking for help and post the information requested.

Since you can't see *any* devices, I think you didn't add yourself in the appropriate group.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.