[Invalid] LsiLogic SCSI BIOS: int13_harddisk: function 02, error 04 ! (#17710)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: LsiLogic SCSI BIOS: int13_harddisk: function 02, error 04 !

Post by mpack »

justaquiz wrote:@mpack - i didnt post to discuss Oracle business model
Oh? I see. Well if I might offer a top tip: if there are topics you do not wish to discuss, then I suggest not referring to those topics in your comments. E.g. Oracle QC procedures.
justaquiz

Re: LsiLogic SCSI BIOS: int13_harddisk: function 02, error 04 ! (#17710)

Post by justaquiz »

@socratis
sry i obfuscate unrelated information on public forum..
the hdd is sata internal laptop drive; the .vdi file is on a NTFS partition mounted by ntfs3g
pls note i refuse to betatest the new virtualbox also refuse to keep default settings on guest machines

@ChipMcK -
driver for xp32 is 1.9.11.0 10/8/2003
driver for xp64 is 5.2.3790.3959 10/1/2002
driver for win764 is 1.28.3.67 3/30/2009
win764 has proper driver in its iso; winxp32/64 had to comb the net as Lsi is a ghost from paleolithic (anw trusted source)
all my windows guests have that bug while host i/o is active
i come to use Lsi becouse is 3 time faster then sata/ide, is just a fad, i used sata/ide till 1 month ago as i was to lazy to look for scsi drivers for xp..

@mpack
i opened the thread to flare a bug..
all my windows machines, while host I/O cache is on sometimes freeze before boot screen; strange though my linux guests on same controller
with I/O cache on are ok
im aware the product is a bloat and can happily switch to vmware/kvm, virtualbox is a residue from my windows days :)

pls mark the thread as fixed, i found the workaround and filed the bug
with pictures and logs.. i have nothing more to add
this beta tester switching off
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: LsiLogic SCSI BIOS: int13_harddisk: function 02, error 04 ! (#17710)

Post by socratis »

justaquiz wrote:pls note i refuse to betatest the new virtualbox also refuse to keep default settings on guest machines
pls mark the thread as fixed, i found the workaround and filed the bug with pictures and logs.. i have nothing more to add
this beta tester switching off
Happy to (almost) oblige.
Thread locked.
This thread is not fixed however, I'm going to mark it as what it's always been; [Invalid].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.