issues installing virtual box on 4.5.0-22.el7.aarch64

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
superfresh

issues installing virtual box on 4.5.0-22.el7.aarch64

Post by superfresh »

Im trying to install Virtual box on linux ver 4.5.0-22.el7.aarch64. When I try to do it the repo way I get error:

"/virtualbox/rpm/el/7/aarch64/repodata/repomd.xml [Errno 14] Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.
One of the configured repositories failed (Oracle Linux / RHEL / CentOS-7 / aarch64 - VirtualBox),
and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.....etc"

Therefore I try to install virtual box using an rpm. I tried many different rpm's and for every one I get error of "Not a compatible architecture". It seems no packages are compatible architectures for this install.
I even tried installing from the .run file.

Is there a problem right now or am I missing something. Your help is appreciated.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: issues installing virtual box on 4.5.0-22.el7.aarch64

Post by andyp73 »

aarch64 is the Linux architecture for 64bit ARM processors. VirtualBox virtualises, and therefore only runs on, x86 processor architectures.

If you look at the first part of the repository URL: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/rhel/7/ you see the only option is for x86_64.

-Andy
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.